This section is to support those looking for advice on Housing, and accommodation post service.

Housing is a complex issue and it is advisable to speak to someone who is able to advise you correctly.

In short, options are to buy property, to rent a property or to get some Social Housing (previously known as a council house).  There are further options within each of these, and more can be found on the internet.

ExForcesNet is looking for a Subject Matter Expert to provide more functional and up to date advice on this page.  Please get in touch if you are able to provide that support.


In the meantime, please visit the Citizens Advice Bureau Page on Housing and if you know where you are looking to settle, then look at this page for more information – Local Council.


At what point should you start the Resettlement Process?

  • More than 2 years before you depart? (40%, 6 Votes)
  • 2 years before departure? (33%, 5 Votes)
  • Around 6 months before last day? (13%, 2 Votes)
  • 12 Months prior to departure? (13%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...