Efforts To Retrieve US War Dead From North Korea Suspended

Posted on May 9, 2019

North Korea last year handed over the remains of more than 50 US servicemen killed in the 1950-1953 conflict.
It was a sign of improved relations between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
But the Pentagon on Wednesday said the programme had been halted following a failed summit between the two leaders.
Some 36,000 American soldiers died during the Korean War and the US says more than 7,700 remain unaccounted for.
Around 5,300 of these soldiers were lost in North Korea.
The joint effort to return the bodies of US soldiers marked the partial fulfilment of an agreement reached between Mr Trump and Mr Kim during their historic first meeting in Singapore in 2018.

BBC News >

POLL

At what point should you start the Resettlement Process?

  • More than 2 years before you depart? (40%, 6 Votes)
  • 2 years before departure? (33%, 5 Votes)
  • Around 6 months before last day? (13%, 2 Votes)
  • 12 Months prior to departure? (13%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...