Posted on February 22, 2018
About 100 children were believed to be missing after pupils and teachers fled into bush outside the town of Dapchi during the attack. Parents told the BBC they had seen girls being taken away in trucks. The attack comes four years after Boko Haram kidnapped more than 270 girls from a school in the town of Chibok. In a statement, the Yobe state government said an unspecified number of girls had been rescued from the “terrorists who abducted them” and were now with the army.