Amesbury Poisoned Couple: Novichok Absorbed Through Skin

Posted on July 6, 2018

The Novichok was so toxic it was able to pass through the skin and did not need to be ingested, he added. Police have said the couple from Amesbury were exposed to the substance after handling a contaminated item. Charlie Rowley, 45, and Dawn Sturgess, 44, remain critically ill.  Speaking to BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner, the source said Novichok could be degraded by rainwater and sunlight over time – meaning it was probably discovered by the couple in a contained space. Charlie Rowley, 45, and Dawn Sturgess, 44, remain critically ill.

The source added that Mr Rowley and Ms Sturgess’s symptoms were the same as those shown by Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia. They were both poisoned with Novichok in nearby Salisbury in March.

BBC News >

POLL

At what point should you start the Resettlement Process?

  • 2 years before departure? (42%, 5 Votes)
  • More than 2 years before you depart? (42%, 5 Votes)
  • Around 6 months before last day? (8%, 1 Votes)
  • 12 Months prior to departure? (8%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 12

Loading ... Loading ...