Concept Solutions People Ltd : Wakefield
Salary: £27,000 per annum + OTE £4,000 + Company Van
Primary Project Location: Greater London / South
Building on our continued success; we are actively seeking skilled and experienced individuals to join our business within the Dark Fibre division working on projects in the South of England and Greater London areas.
Main Purpose of Role & Main Activities :
To install, maintain and test Fibre Optic Cable telecommunication cables across established and new networks involving external UG Duct and Internal Networks. To undertake site surveys of existing and new client networks. To undertake fault finding and repair. To undertake duct and chamber inspections, duct proving and report collation. To work closely with the Pre-Sales and Technical Team.
Ensuring that all work is completed in a safe environment within a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to the published instructions to ensure a safe method of working ensuring skills and knowledge are kept up-to-date and relevant for the task.
- Preparation of the cable for Splicing and Termination.
- Splicing Fibre Optic Cable inside the closures
- Terminating Fibre Optic Cable in ODF
- Testing & commissioning of Fibre Optic Cable by using the required test equipment.
- Provide test results and necessary documentation in line with customer requirements.
- Accurately record work activities and escalate any problems or issues at the earliest opportunity.
Operating Environment :
- Field based working generally as a two man team although occasional lone working may be necessary.
- Working at height and in confined spaces may feature but is not common practice.
- Call out and weekend working may be required but is infrequent.
- A documented level of skills and qualifications will be required for these roles including but not limited to BESC/CSCS, NRSWA 002, Working at Height, Confined Space
Skills & Requirements
Skills & Experience :
- Knowledge and skills of telecommunications networks
- Experience of working in a variety of Fibre Optic networks.
- Knowledge of Fibre principles / Testing.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Full Driving Licence.
- Self Motivated / Team Player / Professional & Responsible.
- Have a proven ability to understand and resolve difficult Situations / Issues
- Basic knowledge of electrical safety
- Laser safety and use.
- Ability to use OTDR, ILM; capture the results; analyse and identify issues.
- Termination of all Fibre Cables
- Experience of working with duct prints and job related documentation.
- First Aid Awareness
- Competency Card Scheme (CSC/BESC)
- NRSWA to Unit 2
Fibre Splicer Qualifications needed:
– City & Guilds 3666 or equivalent
Fibre Splicer Experience needed:
Fibre Splicers will be required to have experience within public and commercial environments.